Conservation & Adaptation
Entries will be invited from practitioners working in the built heritage sector who can demonstrate best practice and outstanding achievement in delivering projects for the conservation and adaptive re-use of historic buildings.
Judges will be looking for exceptional practitioners who can lead a project from inception to completion, demonstrating a deep understanding of this multi-faceted discipline. The work should be completed and must demonstrate achievement in strategic, design, pre-construction, delivery or operational stages.
Evidence you will need to address on the entry form should include:
- Extensive understanding and application of conservation principles
- Thorough knowledge and use of traditional skills and techniques including apprenticeships
- Training and continuous development including other staff, contractors and clients
- Promotion of collaborative team working and engagement
- Catalysing and driving sustainable innovation and analysing / instigating its full potential use
- Excellent client relations
- Promotion and marketing of heritage and sensitive adaptation
This list is not exhaustive and evidence can be drawn from any element of strategic, tactical or operational practice of conservation & adaptation management that demonstrates best practice and outstanding achievement.